To support the Aims of the Club listed below. Adhere to the Code of Ethics as listed in APPENDIX ‘A’. Adhere to the Code of Conduct as listed in APPENDIX ‘B’.
- To conduct a variety of trips in an organised, responsible and safe basis.
- To promote the club, it’s philosophies and expertise throughout the community.
- To provide social opportunities between individuals and families with a common interest in 4 wheel driving, touring and camping.
- To assist in the development of the club members in the varied disciplines of 4 wheel driving, thereby increasing members’ skills and knowledge.
- To be actively involved in our local community and to be capable of providing assistance when required by statutory bodies and voluntary organisations.
- To foster and encourage relationships with club sponsors.
- To establish, develop and maintain relationships with like-minded clubs and organisations.
- To raise funds by legal means to further the aims and interests of the club.
APPENDIX A - Code of Ethics:
- Keep to the laws and regulations for 4WD vehicles. (They may change state to state)
- Keep to constructed vehicle tracks. Do not drive “off road”.
- Keep the environment clean. Carry your own – and maybe other people’s rubbish home.
- Obey restrictions on use of public lands. Respect national parks and other conservation areas.
- Obtain permission before driving on Private land. Leave livestock alone and gates as found.
- Keep your vehicle mechanically sound.
- Take adequate water, food, fuel and spares on trips. In remote areas travel with another vehicle.
- Respect our wildlife. Stop and look, but never disturb or chase animals.
- Respect other recreationalists right to peace and solitude in the bush.
- Obey all fire restrictions. Extinguish your fire before leaving. Don’t let your exhaust emit sparks.
- Help in bushfires, emergencies and search and rescue, if you are properly equipped and able.
APPENDIX B – Code of Conduct
- No pets (with the exception of registered companion dogs) are allowed on Club trips at any time for any reason.
- No motorbikes or ATV’s are allowed on any club trip.
- No firearms/weapons or pyrotechnics are allowed on any club trip.
- Abusive language on the UHF, between members of the club or visitors, or club members/visitors and the general public, will not be tolerated.
- Abusive language or behaviour of members or visitors, around the camping area is not acceptable.
- Driving in a manner considered to be unsafe either to the rest of the convoy or the general public will not be tolerated, if a person persists with this kind of behaviour, the Trip Leader has the right to ask the person to leave the trip.
- Driving in a manner that destroys or damages the environment will not be tolerated and may lead to expulsion from the club.
- Comments made on social media or forums which do not reflect the ethics of the club may be removed without notice and access declined.
- If membership of the club ceases or you sell your vehicle all club stickers and signage must be removed.